Jo Lucas

Jo Lucas

Jo is a director of Co.Cre8, a consultancy that enables thriving project ecosystems through knowledge, networks, and behaviours. Jo uses systems thinking to provide expertise in setting up and reconnecting delivery ecosystems in complex projects and organisations through creating aligned ways of working and embedding learning from experience. She has expertise in setting up sustainable governance, assurance and requirements regimes and operationalising strategic objectives, commitments, and legal obligations into pragmatic day-to-day ways of working, such as the well-regarded Blue Book between High Speed 2 and Transport for London.

Jo founded Ego to Eco, a not-for-profit that utilises the power of art and the language of nature to activate the mycelium of the built environment to regenerate our planet, working with rapidly growing communities with aligned aims.

Jo has over 20 years of experience implementing change within complex and ambiguous environments, including DfT, Agri-tech, HS2, TfL, CITB, UCL, BAA, ODA, World Food Programme and Network Rail. She chartered as a civil/structural engineer in Australia before transitioning into implementing change on significant infrastructure projects in London.

Visit Jo's Linkedin profile

Jo Lucas
  • 2.2 People on projects are supported by informal relationships

    Jo Lucas, the author of the People chapter in PRINCE2 V7 guidance, emphasizes the significance of casual workplace interactions. She points out that while such conversations might seem trivial or like mere gossip, they often contain valuable insights. At the coffee point, employees share updates ...

  • 2.4 Enable the process to follow people less energy for better outcomes

    Jo Lucas advocates for a more adaptive and organic approach to project management. Drawing a metaphor about creating pathways, she emphasizes the importance of recognizing the intricate, interdependent relationships that exist not just among humans but also between humans and the non-human world....

  • 2.6 Find the right process for the people in a project to gain efficency

    Jo Lucas underscores the importance of core values like accountability and independence in running a successful project. She notes that while a majority (80-90%) of the foundational aspects of project management remain constant and pose no issues, it's the remaining 10% that often brings challeng...

  • PRINCE2 V7 in-depth into the "people" chapter with Jo Lucas and Andy Murray

    In an insightful discussion between key figures behind PRINCE2 V7, Andy Murray, the Lead Editor, and Jo Lucas, the author of the 'People' chapter, the duo delved deep into the pivotal role of human resources in project management. Lucas passionately conveyed that the significance of managing and ...